Cytotam Tablet is used for Breast cancer, Infertility, Blood vessels clot and other conditions. Cytotam Tablet may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Cytotam Tablet contains Tamoxifen as an active ingredient.
Cytotam Tablet works by blocking the actions of estrogen hormone in breast.
Detailed information related to Cytotam Tablet's uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Cytotam Tablet Uses
Cytotam Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
• Breast cancer
• Blood vessels clot
Cytotam Tablet Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Cytotam Tablet improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
• Blocking the actions of estrogen hormone in breast.
Cytotam Tablet - Composition and Active Ingredients
Cytotam Tablet is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
• Tamoxifen - 10 MG
Please note that this medicine may be available in various strengths for each active ingredient listed above.
Cytotam Tablet - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Cytotam Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
• Formation of blood clots within a deep vein in the legs
• Genital itching
• Calf or thigh pain or swelling in the legs
• Discomfort in the pelvis such as pain or pressure
• Lung or liver dysfunction
Cytotam Tablet - Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
• Do not drive or operate machinery
• Undergo blood, eyes and gynaecological tests before and during treatment
Cytotam Tablet - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Cytotam Tablet may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions. Cytotam Tablet may interact with the following drugs and products:
Cytotam Tablet - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Cytotam Tablet is a contraindication. In addition, Cytotam Tablet should not be used if you have the following conditions:
Other important Information on Cytotam Tablet
Missing a dose
In case you miss a dose, use it as soon as you notice. If it is close to the time of your next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your dosing schedule. Do not use extra dose to make up for a missed dose. If you are regularly missing doses, consider setting an alarm or asking a family member to remind you. Please consult your doctor to discuss changes in your dosing schedule or a new schedule to make up for missed doses, if you have missed too many doses recently.
Overdosage of Cytotam Tablet
• Do not use more than prescribed dose. Taking more medication will not improve your symptoms; rather they may cause poisoning or serious side-effects. If you suspect that you or anyone else who may have overdosed of Cytotam Tablet, please go to the emergency department of the closest hospital or nursing home. Bring a medicine box, container, or label with you to help doctors with necessary information.
• Do not give your medicines to other people even if you know that they have the same condition or it seems that they may have similar conditions. This may lead to overdosage.
• Please consult your physician or pharmacist or product package for more information.
Storage of Cytotam Tablet
• Store medicines at room temperature, away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze medicines unless required by package insert. Keep medicines away from children and pets.
• Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into drainage unless instructed to do so. Medication discarded in this manner may contaminate the environment. Please consult your pharmacist or doctor for more details on how to safely discard Cytotam Tablet.
Expired Cytotam Tablet
• Taking a single dose of expired Cytotam Tablet is unlikely to produce an adverse event. However, please discuss with your primary health provider or pharmacist for proper advice or if you feel unwell or sick. Expired drug may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions. To be on the safe side, it is important not to use expired drug. If you have a chronic illness that requires taking medicine constantly such as heart condition, seizures, and life-threatening allergies, you are much safer keeping in touch with your primary health care provider so that you can have a fresh supply of unexpired medications.
Cytotam Tablet - Frequently asked Questions
• Is Cytotam Tablet safe to consume or apply when pregnant?
Please consult with your doctor for case-specific recommendations.
• Is Cytotam Tablet safe while breastfeeding?
Please discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
• Can Cytotam Tablet be used for breast cancer and infertility?
Yes, breast cancer and infertility are among the most common reported uses for Cytotam Tablet. Please do not use Cytotam Tablet for breast cancer and infertility without consulting first with your doctor. Click here to find out what other patients report as common uses for Cytotam Tablet.
• Is it safe to drive or operate heavy machinery when consuming?
If you experience drowsiness, dizziness, hypotension or a headache as side-effects when using Cytotam Tablet medicine then it may not be safe to drive a vehicle or operate heavy machinery. One should not drive a vehicle if using the medicine makes you drowsy, dizzy or lowers your blood-pressure extensively. Pharmacists also advise patients not to drink alcohol with medicines as alcohol intensifies drowsiness side-effects. Please check for these effects on your body when using Cytotam Tablet. Always consult with your doctor for recommendations specific to your body and health conditions.
• Is this medicine or product addictive or habit forming?
Most medicines don't come with a potential for addiction or abuse. Usually, government's categorizes medicines that can be addictive as controlled substances. Examples include schedule H or X in India and schedule II-V in the US. Please consult the product package to make sure that the medicine does not belong to such special categorizations of medicines. Lastly, do not self-medicate and increase your body's dependence to medicines without the advice of a doctor.
• Can it be stopped immediately or do I have to slowly ween off consumption?
Some medicines need to be tapered or cannot be stopped immediately because of rebound effects. Please consult with your doctor for recommendations specific to your body, health and other medications that you may be using.
For more Information visit us our website: lifesaverpharma.com